Financial Results for the Quarter/Nine months ended as on 31st December 2022
Bank’s Global Business reached ₹10.49 lakh Cr
Operating Profit up by24% YoY
|Key Highlights (Quarter ended Dec’22 over Dec’21)|
- Net Profit up by 102%YoY at ₹1396 Cr in Dec’22 from ₹690 Crin Dec’21
- Operating profit forDec’22 up by 24% YoY at ₹4061 Cr from `3288 Crin Dec’21
- Net Interest Income increased by 25% YoY to ₹5499 Crin Dec’22 from₹4395 Cr in Dec’21
- Fee based income grew by 6%YoY to ₹704 Crin Dec’22
- Cost-to-Income Ratio stood at43.71% in Dec’22 as against 44.75% in Dec’21
- Domestic NIM increased to3.74% in Dec’22from3.03% in Dec’21
- Return on Assets (RoA)improved to0.80% in Dec’22as against 0.43% in Dec’21
- Return on Equity (RoE)increased to 15.21% for Dec’22as against 8.26% in Dec’21
- Advances increased by 13% YoY to ₹451658Crin Dec’22 from₹400432Crin Dec’21
- RAM (Retail, Agriculture & MSME) advances grew by 12%YoY to ₹262811Cr in Dec’22 from ₹233738Crin Dec’21
- RAM contribution to gross domestic advances is 62%. Retail, Agri& MSME advances grew by 15%, 15% and 6%YoY respectively. Home Loan (Including mortgage)grew by 12% YoY, Auto Loan by 27% YoYand Personal Loan by 35% YoY
- Deposit increased by 6% YoY and reached to ₹597114Cr in Dec’22
- CASA ratio stood at 40.4%
- GNPA decreased by 260 bps YoY to 6.53%in Dec’22 from 9.13%,NNPA reduced by 172 bps to 1% from 2.72% in Dec’21
- Provision Coverage Ratio (PCR, including TWO) improved by 810 bpsYoY to 93.59%from 85.49% in Dec’21)
|Key Highlights (Quarter ended Dec’22 over Sep’22)|
Capital Adequacy Ratio at 15.74%. CET-I improved by 59 bps YoY to 11.97%
Tier I Capital improved by 55bps YoY to 12.58%
- Net Profitup by 14% QoQ to₹1396 Crin Dec’22 from ₹1225 Cr in Sep’22
- Operating profitup by 12% and stood at ₹4061Crin Dec’22from ₹3629Cr in Sep’22
- Net Interest Income grew by 17%QoQin Dec’22 to ₹5499Cr from ₹4684 Cr in Sep’22
- On a QoQ sequential basis,Return on Assets (RoA) improved by 9 bps to 0.80% in Dec’22 as against 0.71% in Sep’22.
- Return on Equity (RoE) stood at15.21% in Dec’22 as against13.83% a quarter ago
- Cost-to-Income Ratio stood at43.71% in Dec’22 as against 44.27% in Sep’22
- Net Interest Margin (NIM) Domestic increased by 54bps to 3.74% in Dec’22 as against 3.20% in Sep’22
|Key Highlights (9M ended Dec’22 over Dec’21)|
Net Profit up by 30% YoY to ₹3834 Cr in9MFY23from ₹2961Cr in 9MFY22
- Operating profit increased by 13% at ₹11255 Cr from ₹9979 Cr
- Net Interest Income grew by 18% to ₹14717 Cr in9MFY23from ₹12473Crin 9MFY22
- Return on Assets (RoA) increased to 0.75%in9MFY23from 0.62%
- Return on Equity (RoE)improved to14.42% from 12.24% in 9MFY22
- Cost-to-Income Ratio stood at 43.35% as against 43.99%in 9MFY22
|Key Highlights of Business Performance as on 31st December 2022|
Net Interest Margin (NIM) Domestic increased by 42bps to 3.35%in9MFY23as against 2.93%in 9MFY22
- Total Business recorded a YoY growth of 9% reaching the level of ₹1048772Crin Dec’22 as against₹963007 Cr in Dec’21.It stood at₹1026801 Cr in Sep’22.
- Advances grew by 13% to ₹451658Crin Dec’22 over ₹400432Cra year ago.Growth in RAM sector is recorded at 12%YoY of which Retail & Agriculture grew by 15%YoY.
- Deposits grew by6% YoYto ₹597114Crin Dec’22 as compared to ₹562575Crduring the corresponding period a year ago.
- CASA deposits recorded a YoY growth of 3% and stood at ₹241213Crin Dec’22. The share of CASA to deposits stood at40.4%.
- Priority Sector portfolio stood at₹152850 Crin Dec’22. Priority sector advances as a percentage of ANBC stood at 45.19% as against the regulatory requirement of 40%.
- The Bank has 5770domestic branches, out of which 1959 are Rural, 1509are Semi-Urban, 1161are Urban &1141 are in Metro category. The Bank has3 overseas branches&1 IBU.
- The Bank has 4969ATMs & BNAs and 10368number of BCs.
- The Bank has established 3 Digital Banking Units (DBUs) at South Delhi, Lucknow and Karaikal.
- Transactions through ATM, BNA & Digital channels improved by 7% YoY.
- Mobile Banking users increased by 73% YoY,whileits transactions increased by 85% YoY.
- UPI users and transactions increased by 19% YoY and 91% YoY respectively.
Awards & Accolades:
- Bank bagged the Best Performing Bank award in Tamil Nadu state for SHG-Bank linkage programme for FY22 from NABARD.
- Bank emerged as the winner for top improvement in the EASE 4.0 reforms index.
- Bank grabbed Financial Express award for the Best Public Sector Bank 2020-21.
- Bank was awarded the “Fastest Growing Public Sector Bank” in Banking Awards 2022 by Dalal Street Investment Journal.
- Bank was adjudged the Best Bank for servicing in MSME by FICCI CMSME.
Indian Bank’s vision is to foster innovation in the banking operations and offer services with technical prudence, ease of business through employee engagement and upgrade security features of the alternate delivery channels consistently.
The Bank is in a better financial health, well capitalised and the asset quality is continuously improving. Our emphasis would be on improving the low cost deposit base with focus on CASA, build a strong retail term deposits portfolio through new relationships and target a healthy and quality credit growth inthe both RAM and Corporate Sector.